Join the Tacoma Youth Maritime Center for a dynamic and engaging volunteer experience. Each year our volunteers contribute their time, energy and expertise to fulfilling our mission.
TYMC is undergoing a remarkable metamorphosis as we prepare to update the marina, build public access to the Foss Waterway, and rehabilitate the buildingsto provide classrooms and workshops. While some volunteer opportunities may not be available during our transformation, new opportunities emerge regularly. This is an exciting time to be involved!
- Make a minimum commitment of "x" months and establish
a regular schedule.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the TYMC.
- Abide by the standards for TYMC Volunteers.
- Attend a general volunteer orientation and any training sessions
required for your volunteer position.
- Attend continuing education programs and TYMC events, as provided,
to enhance your knowledge and your professional skills.
- Collaborate with staff and other volunteers, accepting supervision
and evaluation of your volunteer work.
- Communicate with staff and volunteer leadership. Your ideas,
comments and feedback are welcome.
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- TYMC does not accept court-appointed volunteers.
Please contact us today to become